Originally a 9-hole course was located on a 2.3 hectare piece of land that was in the area of today's Gejzirpark (Geyser Park), on the southern outskirts of the City.
Due to the increasing popularity of the sport, discussions were initiated in 1928 on the possibility of constructing a brand new 18-hole golf course. The top expert at that time, the Paris architect C. Noskowski, was hired to layout the new course. The new eighteen-hole course was completed under his guidance in 1933. However, the economic depression and the war that followed resulted in a halt to the project and the golf course was never totally completed – this included the clubhouse.
After the change in the Czech political environment in 1948, golf was labeled as an undesirable sport. Running of golf in Karlovy Vary started to be on a professional level practically not until a new company Golf Resort Inc. began to operate on golf course.
The Golf Resort Karlovy Vary Inc. was founded in 1996 as a joint effort by leading local companies with the objective of providing sports and leisure activities focused around golf. After the approval of the competitively selected business plan submitted by the Golf Resort Karlovy Vary Inc. to the City, long-term agreements were negotiated for the lease of the City - owned land on which the golf course sits. Since that time, the corporation has been the investor and manager and since 2004 the owner of the complex.
The course underwent a rapid renovation, which included the building of a new clubhouse, an irrigation system, and new tees. New parking places were added and upgrades were made to the grass surfaces, the drainage system and the watercourses. All mechanical and technical equipment was also brought up to date. By undergoing this massive rebuilding, the Karlovy Vary golf course was able to become one of the more prestigious European golf establishments.
|Letecké foto 1996||Letecké foto 2009